Monday, March 25, 2013

Motivational Monday

You are so much stronger than you think.

This is much needed on this motivational Monday. I have a tendency to think I do not have the strength to do what I want. I don't have the strength to run as fast as I want. I don't have the strength to say no to that appetizer or dessert. I don't have the strength to lift that weight over my head.

You know what? I do. I have the strength. I can do it. I just have to believe I can. Once I believe I can, it happens. And it alway has been that way. I didn't think I could run a half marathon and I'm currently training for my sixth. I didn't think I would ever work in the history field and I currently work in an archives. I need to let go of fear and doubt. I need to believe I am stronger than I think...then go! 

I can reach my goals for Zooma Annapolis. I can reach my goal weight. I can be happy. I am stronger than I think. 

Do you believe you are stronger than you think? What have you done in the past that made you stronger than you thought you were? 

4 comments:

  1. It wasn't so long ago you that you didn't think you could run a 5K, much less 5 half marathons. You're tough and you can do it. I've been more of a hindrance than a help, but I know my day of reckoning has come, too. We'll both meet our goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm working on it. It's not easy to think you're strong when you never thought you were. It's learning it as an adult that's tough. I've got 10 weeks to do it.

      Delete
  2. So true and something we need to keep reminding ourselves. We are strong and can do more than we imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to forget how much we have accomplished and how strong we are when we are always focused on the future. I know that's how I am. Our accomplishments are what make us stronger and able to face future challenges.

      Delete