Saturday, April 27, 2013

5 tired miles


For the first time in three weeks, I went out for a training run rather than a race. It was very strange. I'm not arguing not getting up early. Last Sat. to make an 8:00 a.m. start, I was up at 5:30 a.m. Ugh. Today, got up at 9:00 a.m. and was out running about 10:45 a.m.

This was not an easy run. Last week's 10k was a lot easier than this week's 5 miles. I was a bit surprised. Turns out doing 300+ squats in 2 days can make legs tired. Who knew? I sure felt it today. They didn't hurt and they kept going, but I'll be honest, they were tired.

So, this run was a bit of a struggle since the legs just didn't want to move. I'm hoping that this means they will be stronger in the coming weeks. Running on tired/sore legs will condition them to be stronger, yes? This is what I'm telling myself as I was about a half a mile slower this week than last.

The positive of this run was the trees and flowers are blooming, so at least I had all sorts of prettiness to look at while struggling. This tree was just gorgeous!


I should have taken some pictures of the daffodils and other flowers that are starting to poke their way up. After running around these streets all winter and seeing nothing, but brown lawns and snow, it was nice to see color!

2 comments:

  1. After all the racing I'm sure your body was tired. That's ok, next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hopefully that's the case. Got 8 miles next Sat. Going to try new hydration on my run. Weather turning warmer means I need to be better hydrated during my runs. Love the weather turning, but hate running in it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete