Monday, April 8, 2013

Motivational Monday

What you call mistakes, failures, and errors, life calls research and development.

This is how I've felt the last couple of weeks. I have not been on the top of my game. Whenever that happens, I do consider it a failure, that I've made mistakes. I'm working on what works and what doesn't. As I find out what is working, I feel like I'm getting closer to finding the right bits and pieces to string together to make a whole program. I'm finding what workouts work for me, what I need to do in terms of food to be successful. I'm not perfect and probably never will be, but I'm getting closer.

I like thinking that rather than failing, making mistakes or errors, it's just research and development. Such a better turn of phrase. And since I am working on developing a proper program for me through research, this is perfect! When what I plan doesn't work, I need to chalk it up to research and development. Companies spend millions of dollars on this aspect of their business, I think I can consider that a powerful investment in myself.

What about you? Are you in the middle of your research and development? Or have you found the perfect process for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment