Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday update

What a week it was! I weighed in for the first time in ages last Friday and saw I gained about 6 pounds in a month. Yea. Ugh. So, I realized it was time to take some action, accountability, and stop making excuses. I wasn't 100%, but I made some progress this week.

I laced up the ole sneakers for the first time in about 2 months and hit the roads!


I went out for a short 2 miler just to do something since I have a 5k Sunday night and I didn't want that to be my first run. I ran at 3:00 p.m. in 85* weather. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination. Seriously, don't do it. My time was 27:36. Not great by most peoples standards, but about average for me, so I didn't lose too much in my 2 months off from running and my month off from the gym.

Speaking of the gym, I went back Wednesday night. Did a simple walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes (1.5 miles, yes that equals to a 3.0 mph pace), then hit the stationary bike for 35 minutes and got 6.49 miles (which is a tad bit above average). While biking my TRX instructor came over and asked if I didn't love him anymore since I missed 4 out of 6 weeks of classes. So, I had to explain my lovely 5 week illness, to which he completely understood. I was a tad bit surprised, but apparently he had something similar last year. Phew! Told him I was easing back into things and he said that was a good idea. He also told me my job on Thursday and Friday is a workout and it's ok to skip the gym on those days. Heehee! Sweet!

I didn't log in my food the way I should have this week and I didn't eat 100% on track, but it was much better than it's been. Honest. This week I want to get back at tracking. Baby steps...baby steps.

What does this mean? It means about a 2.5 pound loss from last week. Yea! I don't remember exactly my weight, but I know the whole number, just not the oz. I'm happy with this. It's a step in the right direction and with a few more tweaks to the diet and exercise, I should be back on track.

How did you do this week? What were your goals? Did you meet them? Do you have a plan for next week?


No comments:

Post a Comment