Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Trying to turn things around

It's been a rough summer. I've dealt with too many negatives this summer for my poor mental and emotional well being. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and honestly, it's been that way for me.

Today, hubby left for Jacksonville for work. He'll be gone until Friday night really late. He won't actually get home until Sat. morning really early. So, I'm going to take advantage of this. I have 2.5 days to focus on me and my eating habits. I can do one of two things while he's gone - I can eat healthy and get into that mindset or I can go crazy and just do whatever I want.

My goal is to eat healthy. I wrote down everything I am going to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until Friday evening. I also have snacks in there, but healthy ones. I'm not looking at my calories per se because I know everything written down is healthy - fruits, vegetables, protein - things I should be eating.

I'm hoping that doing this for the next few days will get me on a roll. Saturday will be a cheat day, it's hubby's birthday and I have big plans for him. Well...I'm working on those big plans. Sorry everyone, he reads the blog and I don't want him to know what they are! Shhhhh! But, come Sunday, I am back on track. I will write out my foods again for next week and I will add in working out. This week is focus on food. My weakness. Always has been.

I will tell you now, I will not meet my 40 pound challenge goal by Nov. 11th. I am upset with myself, but I don't want that to stop me from starting over. I want to start now and move forward, leaving behind the bad habits I took up for the past 5 weeks. I may not hit 40 pounds, but I can lose.

So, here's to a successful 2.5 days. Right now that's all I'm focusing on. I don't want to get too ahead of myself. One day, one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment