Sunday, September 8, 2013

First run in new sneakers!

You will remember that this week I got this lovely shoes:


Yesterday, I headed out to see how they would work.


I headed into the small town next to mine to run because there was a race going on at my normal running spot. I parked and headed off. I was aiming for 3 miles, but I figured I would go 3.1 anyway if I could swing it. I ran and I went really slow. It wasn't necessarily intentional, but I wasn't pushing it either. I figure, I haven't run consistently in months, whatever felt good was fine. Though I will say, the side streets in this little town are hilly. Maybe not the best place for a first run.

I got my run in. It wasn't fast. I stopped a few more times than I wanted to. I ran my normal half mile run/1 minute walk, and my times were pretty bad. But, it was a pretty nice morning. It wasn't yet in my running comfort zone weather-wise, but it could have been a lot worse (and has!). It was just nice to get out there and run a bit. Nothing too crazy, but a simple run.

And it was fantastic to spend the rest of the day and today without shin pain. Last regular run I went on my shins hurt for three days. That was when I knew I needed new shoes, even though I had only about 100 miles on them. Ugh. Sad. Hence those pretty shoes above.

I look forward to enjoying these shoes for the next 4-6 months. It makes me happy to lace up in green sneaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment