Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ugh

Last night I headed out for a 30 minute or 3 mile run. I wasn't sure which it would end up being. I had hoped for 3 miles since it's not all that long.

Sadly, that's not what happened. I worked Wednesday afternoon, like usual, and didn't drink much. I was really dehydrated. My tummy had been bugging me a bit today. Nothing too serious, but enough to know it was there. Both of these things did not make my run very fun.

I then had to deal with pain in my left Achilles. I get this randomly. I can run weeks in a row with no issue. Then I'll have a run and just cannot shake it out. I stopped multiple times on tonight's run, but could not get it to stop hurting. I decided 30 minutes would be the goal. Even if I had to walk the last 10 minutes.

I was able to run most of the last 5 minutes. I got 2.11 miles in 30 minutes, which is slow ever for me. But, I spent a good amount of the last 10 minutes walking, stretching, and not feeling good.

On the positive side, seriously there is one, I got out there for an after-work run. I can't remember the last time I did that. I spent my entire afternoon and car ride home saying, "you are going for a run tonight." It took me saying that and hubby coming downstairs saying he was going for a run for me to get off my duff and run. But, I'm glad I did.

I can't run again until Sunday. I thought I could squeeze the run in before the wedding we have Saturday afternoon, but I thought the wedding was around 4:00. Nope, 1:30 p.m. Makes a bit of a difference. So, my 5 miles this Saturday will be run on Sunday instead. Eh. No biggie. I just won't be able to run the 2 mile run scheduled for Sunday. I'll skip that and just go with what Monday says.

Ever have a bad run? Were you able to find anything good about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment