Sunday, November 17, 2013

2013 Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge

The holiday season is upon us - Thanksgiving, then Christmas, for me my wedding anniversary, then New Year's. My goodness it's a gluttony of holidays! For the past few holiday seasons I've not been all that into it. I used to LOVE the holidays, but I had a job that completely turned me off of them in 2005 and I still hadn't gotten back into it. But, this year I think I have gotten my head around it and am embracing the season again.

That being said, I know it's a tough one in terms of workouts/healthy eating. I do have a tendency to do the "it's the holidays and I won't have x for a whole 'nother year. Go for it!" So, knowing myself and knowing I desperately need to make a change, I signed up for Amanda's (Run To The Finish) Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2013. I signed up a couple years ago and did well for a week or two, but then slacked. I honestly was not happy with myself for slacking. I debated joining this year because since I participated last, it became a paid challenge. I'll be honest, I hesitated because I didn't want to spend the money. I didn't want to waste the money. I was afraid that if I spent the money on it, it would just be throwing the money away. Then I thought about it and decided to look at it from the flip-side, that the money will keep me on-track. The money expended will mean I follow-through with the challenge. I may not be perfect (as I know I won't be), but I believe it will help me stay closer to on-track during the holidays than in the past. I'm a tiny bit competitive, so I want to earn those points daily.

So, today is day one of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge. I'm reading through what gets me points and how I can work my food and exercise to earn the most. The fruits/veggies will be tough as I generally get 3-4 when I'm concentrating on my food, but to earn a point I need 5-7. I do have to hit the grocery store, which means I will be picking up more so I can be competitive. It also means I gotta get my workouts in and water. All the things that are the building blocks for healthy living and what I need to get into the habit of so I can run strong at The Love Run in March.

There's still time (I think) to sign up! Join me and help keep yourself in check this holiday season. No one says you have to gain weight and give up your healthy habits just because these next 6 weeks involve the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment