Monday, November 18, 2013

Motivational Monday

Becoming your best requires you 
to overcome your worst.

Happy Monday people! Yea...that's a bit painful to read (and trust me, write!). LOL! But, it's time again for Motivational Monday. Something that I have been iffy about posting each week. I commit to finishing the year strong with a Motivational Monday every Monday until the end of the year!

With that said, my commitment to Motivational Monday comes from today's motivational quote. If I want to be the best me I can be, I have to overcome my worst tendencies. What are they? Procrastinating, ignoring when I get off track, allowing myself to think my poor actions are a true reflection of my abilities. In order to meet my goals, I must overcome these. 

The first step is to acknowledge what you believe is to be your worst. In my case, I procrastinate, I ignore when I get off track, and when I fail I allow it to mold my opinion of my abilities. I signed on with the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge this holiday season to keep myself on track so that I can be happy with myself come the new year. It is a chance for me to focus on positive action, rather than hoping I can do it on my own. I also have the completion of the 13 in 2013 race challenge. I have run 11 races out of 13 and plan on running a Turkey Trot and hopefully the Celtic Solstice 5 Miler. I wanted a Jingle Bell run, but the dates aren't working out for me. :-( So, I know I will meet my 13 in 2013 goal and since I loved the idea, I signed up for the 14 in 2014!

So, think about it today, what are your "worsts?" What keeps you from your goals? What do you need to change in order to be your best? I'm taking the time now to figure that out so I can be successful in my goals and to run strong at The Love Run in March. Because that is a priority for me. A very high priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment