Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday run...WHA????

It's been a bit chilly and snowy here in Central PA lately. All week we've been hearing about a massive snow storm for today, anywhere from 4-8". So last night, hubby and I decided we would try to get up and run before the snow hit since it was predicted to be light in the morning, then heavy in the afternoon and evening.

Saturday morning comes and I wake up about 9:45 a.m. So much for getting up to beat the snow! Then I looked outside and...nothing. No snow, not even flurrying. Hmmm... We hemmed and hawed for a bit, then decided to go out for a timed run rather than a run for distance. We picked 20 minutes and got ready.

As we drove to our normal running area, it started snowing, so now we felt badass for running in the snow. Here comes the snow! We hit the roads and we both went over the 20 minute time, but not by much, just enough to hit the next half mile/mile distance.

I got a lovely 1.5 miles in 21:26 (ugh) and hubby got in 2 miles in just over 20 minutes. While I wasn't happy per se with my 1.5 mile time, I am glad I went out. It was nice to go out and run on a Saturday morning again. And it felt fun being out there running in the snow flurries while people are snug in their homes or driving in their cars. Yup, you sense some smugness there. LOL!

Did you get out for a run this morning? Are you anticipating snowy weather? So far, so good on my end. No snow besides the flurries from earlier. Be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment