Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Got my run in at least

Yesterday I headed to the gym to take the drop-in TRX class. I haven't done TRX since last summer and I was really looking forward to it. The Y now offers a drop-in class Tuesdays at noon and since I don't work on Tuesdays, I thought it was the perfect time to add it back in.

I got there about ten of twelve and entered the parking lot. Then drove around for 10 minutes looking for a space. My gym has a small parking lot, but this is the first time I could not get a space. I got so frustrated I left. I came home. It was noon and I was missing the class I went for anyway.

After arriving home, I told hubby I was going for a run, want to come? He agreed, so we headed off for a 2 mile run each. It was a tad bit chilly at 12*. Eep! We headed off on our own runs and the sidewalks were about the same as Mt. Wolf. Eh. It's a bad winter, whacha gonna do?

And you know what? I rocked my run! A nice negative split from first mile to second and I cut one minute and 18 seconds off my two mile time from last Monday! Oh hello! I was pretty happy with that. I know I won't see this type of improvement every week, but damn it felt good today!

So, even though I didn't get my TRX class in today (must find a way to get parking space next week!), I did get in an awesome run.

Have you been running outside in the cold? How do you stay warm?

No comments:

Post a Comment