Friday, January 31, 2014

January 2014 Recap

Stream in my front yard after one of the many snow storms we've had in January

How in heaven's name did it get to be the end of January? Seriously. I can't believe we are heading into February tomorrow. I thought it might be fun to wrap up the month and see how things went.

  • I read 19 books. Not bad for one month. :) You can see which ones here.
  • I ran 12 miles this month - 4 of them on the treadmill! 
  • Lost 2.4 pounds. Way less than my goal this month, putting me 5.6 pounds behind schedule. Doh! It's ok. I'll readjust my goals to accommodate. A slight set back, nothing more.
  • Started half marathon training for The Love Run on March 30th in Philly. Am pretty excited about this and for training!
  • Started RunSmart online yoga sessions. I'm on week 2 workout 3. Hoping it helps with flexibility and core strength.
  • Finally got back to spin class! Looking forward to having that as part of my workouts.
  • Sadly, Higgy was diagnosed with cancer this month. He's doing really well considering. At this point, we're just loving on him and spoiling him rotten!
I love his cute pink nose!
  •  We've started looking at our budget and finding ways of cutting back a bit. Hubby already found us $40! Come Monday, after a discussion with the cable company, we may be saving about $100 more. Fingers crossed!
  • Both hubby and I were sick this month. Ugh. He had the flu and I had a cold. We were a lot of fun for two weeks. LOL!
  • I had jury duty for 4 days...and didn't even sit on a jury! In my county, you are responsible to be there a full week. They let us go Thursday. Phew. Glad I don't have to do that again for at least 3 years!
How did your 2014 start? Read any good books? Start training for a big race? Are your New Year's resolutions still going strong?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment