Monday, January 20, 2014

Motivational Monday

Isn't that the truth? Happiness seems to come and go. It seems to rely on events or people rather than an inner decision to allow ourselves to just be happy in the moment. Rough when so much of our time is spent with our own thoughts and yet we rely on others/events/things to make us happy.

Well, I want that to stop for me. I want happiness to be a state of being, rather than being in a state of eh and only being happy when looking forward to something to happen, being with certain people, doing certain things that have an end time/date. Life is too short to live in a state of eh. I want to live in a state of happiness as often as I can. Sure, it's not going to be 24/7/365, but I'm no where close to that now.

For today, it's been a mostly happy day. I got up and followed through on my training plan. Day 1 of The Love Run half marathon training. I didn't have a great run, but it was what I thought it would be and I'm happy that I did it, that I followed through. Then I came home and have been playing or just watching my little orange tabby Strax. He's just so silly that he makes me happy when he sits and chirps at the birds or when we play with his string and he jumps and leaps into the air. How that little ball of pudge jumps so high is beyond me, but it sure is fun to see!

Strax and his string. :)
It's these little things that make me happy and I am going to concentrate on those because it's time to be happy again. No if, ands or buts about it!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I love your weekly posts, they are happiness reminders for me :)

    ReplyDelete