Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sick

Here we go again. I am sick...again. This is the second time in 30 days and the third time in 8 months I've been sick. Right after we lost our Pooka, I was sick for about 5 weeks. All sorts of weird stuff - couldn't talk for three days, couldn't taste anything for five days, sniffles, cough, fever. Not fun.

Then last month hubby had the flu, diagnosed by his primary doctor. I fought as hard as I could, but ended up getting a cold that lasted about a week. Nothing too crazy - stuffy nose, cough, sore throat. Enough to be frustrating, but not enough to keep me too down.

Then this past Friday I woke up with a drippy nose. It hasn't been awful, like a full-blown cold, but I have been taking Sudafed and NyQuil. I've been hoping between the two that at some point when they wear off, I'll feel better. So far, nada. Still waking up with a stuffy nose and slight cough.

It hasn't been too bad, but I haven't hit the roads since I've been sick because I'm afraid it will get worse. I once went out on a 12 mile run, then got a horrible upper respiratory infection for two weeks! With my half coming up at the end of March, I can't afford two weeks! Maybe one, but two? Nope!

So, here I sit. Not feeling great, but not feeling awful either. In a no-mans-land of illness. Hoping that it doesn't get any worse so I can go out on Saturday for a run.

Have you been battling illness this winter? What do you do when you aren't feeling well?

4 comments:

  1. It is Feb. and I've already used 7 of my 10 sick days at work. Granted, 3 of those were for surgery, but the other 4, I spent home - sick as a dog. I literally couldn't move the first day home. Everything hurt. Everything. They said I didn't have the flu, but an upper respiratory infection. Why it kicked my ass so, I'll never know. Here's to hoping you feel better soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens! That sucks. :( I'll stop complaining. It's so frustrating though. Here's to us being healthy the rest of the year!!

      Delete
  2. Luckily I only got sick for a few days this winter. It was a bad cough and a head cold, which was gone in 48 hours. I hope you are feeling better very soon and can catch up on your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold is frustrating. Glad to hear it only took 48 hours! It's never fun being sick, but the shorter, the better!

      Delete