Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hello again!

Hello again! Sorry. It's been a bit since I last posted. My apologies.

Why? Because I was having computer troubles. Well...maybe more than a little. My laptop was a 2008 HP Pavillion, which had been shutting itself off randomly. It was frustrating, so I finally called a computer repair shop and took it in.

Last Saturday they called to tell me they needed to replace the hard drive (honestly, it has two and both were at 40% effective). The price they quoted made me think is it worth it? For not much more, I could replace it with a newer model.

After talking it over, asking others, and researching laptops I decided it wasn't worth repairing six year old technology. So, I decided to check reviews of suggestions we received from Best Buy (the sales person who helped us was amazing, no pressure at all and many suggestions based on what I needed it for) on-line to see how good they really were.

I looked at the reviews of the Lenovo Ideapad S510p Touch and they were great. I was a bit surprised because I pretty much thought I would go with another HP Pavillion. Then I saw it was on sale at Office Max and since it was an in-store purchase only I went to our local one.

The store associate who helped me was good. He was the computer tech and really listened to what I was saying and didn't make me feel like an idiot. The only one they had was the floor model, which he would sell me at a 10% discount. After thinking a few minutes, I chose to take him up on his offer and picked up the laptop for under $500.


So, this is why I have been lacking in posts lately and there was no Thankful Thursday last Thursday nor Motivational Monday two days ago. That changes now since I have a working laptop! Look for a Thankful Thursday tomorrow!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment