Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am starting a new weekday meme - Thankful Thursday. I know the cool thing right now is Throw Back Thursday, but I think this is more important. I hope that we can get Thankful Thursday to be just as big as #TBT, but in my opinion Thankful Thursday will do more for us as a people than #TBT.

My very first Thankful Thursday is to be thankful for my family. I am an only child, to parents who didn't want their children to out number them (at least that's what they always told me!). But, my mom is from a very large family - she is one of eight. My father was an only child as well and I only knew his mother. But, my mother's family? Well, that's a totally different story!

My family became my mom's family. My grandfather was one of seven, my grandmother has a half-brother in England with a family of two. All of my aunts and uncles are married, then there are the cousins...18 first cousins (19 grandchildren) and 10 great-grandchildren (and counting!). Then my uncle in England has two daughters, who have five children between them. And that big family my grandfather has? As many of us as possible would get together at least once a year at Christmas, so we got to know all those other great-aunts, great-uncles, cousins, and second cousins!

Then, I went to college and met my hubby - well, I didn't know I would marry him at the time! But, I did meet the boy I would marry. So, I now have an even larger family with in-laws as well. Of course, I prefer hubby to all of them. ;-) My husband and I have been together 18 years (4 years dating, 2 years engaged, 12 years married), so he's become a very close member of my family.

Today, on the very first Thankful Thursday on the Never Trade blog I am thankful for my family. They made me who I am today and for every member of my family I appreciate what they have done for me.

Who and/or what are you thankful for today?


1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm thankful for a good pregnancy and hopefully a healthy baby soon.

    ReplyDelete