Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Sorry it's been a few weeks since I've posted a Thankful Thursday. As much as I believe in Thankful Thursday, it was rough after loosing my Higgy.

But, I am back and ready to be appreciative. Today, I am thankful for the ability to read. I know that seems strange, but I have always been a reader. I've read since I was a little kid and have spent more money than I want to think about on books. Seriously. You know those hypothetical questions that we always answer for fun? The one that I always find fun to answer is, "If you could max out your credit card at any store, what store would it be?" My answer is always a book store!

Oh yes. I was the girl who took her handwriting book home in 8th grade so I could spend that 15 minutes each morning reading rather than writing. It was kinda funny when the teacher asked why I wasn't writing and I showed her I was done. BTW, I got an A in handwriting. LOL!

I remember reading Christopher Pike and having to stay up all night until I finished the story because he scared the living daylights out of me! I remember reading Choose Your Own Adventure books and reading through all the options. I remember reading the classics at my grandparents house in those books that were 3 inches by 3 inches. LOL!

Today, I read a variety of books - history, biography, horror, crime, romance, self-help, sports, fantasy... In general, if it sounds interesting I'm willing to give it a shot! Reading lets me go to another place, another time. It educated me on things that I didn't know how to do without having to ask. Reading let me be happy.

Favorite all-time book? Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell 

Do you read? What's your favorite book? What should I be reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment