Monday, June 2, 2014

Motivational Monday

This happened to me this weekend. A friend who convinced me to run a race I didn't want to, so we could run a race together, bailed on me. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was all excited we would be running this race together. I got a text yesterday asking if I was excited about running this race. I answered and asked if he was, then nothing. I never heard from him again.

So, I ran the race alone. Hurt, confused, and sad that someone I trusted to follow through on his promise didn't. When I was visiting in May, he kept saying how I was so important to him as a friend.

What does this mean? It means after today, I think no more about it. I make no more effort to put myself out there for this person. I do not do things I don't want to do just because someone else wants it. I know that sounds awful, but this isn't the first time I've gone out of my way to do something I didn't want to do, then got stood up. It's time for me to stand up for what I want and who I am.

If I want to be happy, I have to be true to myself.

4 comments:

  1. 100% agreed. PS - LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. It is good to know I have friends who have my back!

      Delete
  2. Oh that sucks. Not only did your friend bail on you, but also he didn't have the courage to at least tell you about it! Good for you for taking control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yea. It was rough. At this point, I'm done with him. Why put myself through that? He doesn't get it. Not worth my energy anymore.

      Delete