Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivational Monday


I picked today's image and quote for one reason - because it has a camera and taking photographs makes me happy. I have had a camera for as long as I can remember. I have photographs I've taken from when I was a child. When I went to England I took 8 rolls of film {because it was all I could afford!} so I could get photos of England and my cousin's wedding.

Since the digital age, I have had multiple cameras and currently am working with a Canon 7d {which I am in love with!}. It is an amazing camera. I love the images it takes and all the possibilities contained within it. I have drooled over this camera for years {since it came out!}, but with a price tag of $1,799 it was well out of reach. In order to afford it, I took a chance on a used one through Amazon. By doing that, I acquired my camera for half price and so far so good!

Why am I talking about this on Motivational Monday? Because two weeks ago I photographed my friend's wedding reception and this past week we went to San Antonio for a college friend's wedding and at both I took my Canon 7d. It makes me happy taking photos and sharing them with others. I've already edited the wedding photos for my friend's reception and she loved them. This makes me happy. I was able to make her happy with the images I took. {Full disclosure, she paid me to take her photographs that day.} I have also edited the images I took at the San Antonio wedding and just need to do some more from the other adventures we had for our college friend.

I need to remember to do the things that make me happy more. It doesn't take much to go out and take photographs. To learn how to use the camera better or how to use my editing software. These things all make me a happy person. I absolutely enjoy these things and if I want to be happy, I should start focusing my time on things that make me that way.

What do you do that makes you happy? Working out? Reading? Bird watching? Sitting on the beach? Go do it! It will increase your happiness 100 fold and will carry on even after you stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment