Friday, September 19, 2014
Five Things Friday
1. In my whole life, I have only not had a pet for about two years, just after my Shetland Sheepdog Fluffy passed away. When I was born we had a large dog named Panda Bear Bruce Spruce, then a black outdoor cat named Cinder. For a few years we had a husky named Nikita and when we gave him away, we adopted a Shetland Sheepdog named Fluffy. A friend of my mom's passed away and we inherited her cat George. After Fluffy passed, I didn't want another pet, it was too painful. Then I adopted Higgy and Pooka. When they were eight, hubby and I adopted Elizabeth. When Pooka passed away in 2013, we adopted Domo and Strax.
2. I do not eat chicken, ham, steak, pork, or mushrooms. When I was a child, my mother ate chicken almost every meal for a month. I decided when I was old enough to not eat it again. It's been years since I've had it. Ham and pork are too salty for me. I feel like all I'm eating is salt. I used to eat steak, but one too many bites into gristle made me not like it anymore. Mushrooms = fungus. Yea...no.
3. My dad was in the Army and the Coast Guard. He was 14 years older than my mom and was a stay-at-home dad. It was an unusual up-bringing. LOL!
4. I have three favorite Disney characters - Cinderella, Eeyore, and Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. I realized they are all blue. Odd?
5. I used to watch M*A*S*H* and Hogan's Hero's with my parents as a kid and they are still some of my all-time favorite t.v. shows.
What's something interesting about you? :-)