Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Run Coach Meeting


About a year and a half ago, I ran a local race where a local sports training company was involved. I liked them on Facebook, partly because the owner lived literally in the next town next to me {meaning he lives about 5 minutes from me}.

He recently opened a store front and I've been following along with him and his new place. It sounded good, but always a bit pricey. But, I've been trying to find the right combination of things that will get me on track to losing weight and working out regularly.

The first thing I decided was I like the boot camp classes I've been going to. So, I will be continuing those 1-2 times a week.

The second thing I decided was I need to go back to personal training sessions at the Y. I was probably in the best shape of my life while having my 30 minute sessions once a week. It's a good chunk of my monthly pay, but I can do it.

The last thing I decided was if I want to accomplish my running goals, I need someone to help me figure out how to do it. So, I decided to do one month of run coaching. The thought was I would go in September to get back on track, December to work on a plan for my Half Fanatics goal {I've failed to mention this haven't I? Oops!}, and March to figure out how to prep for my third half in May.

So, this morning at 11:00 a.m. I meet with Don. He sent me a list of questions to think about when we meet. I typed out most of the answers so I would remember all I wanted to share. Hoping that this works and I get my running mojo back!

Have you hired a coach? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting!! Hope your meeting went well!! Having a coach can be so motivating!!

    ReplyDelete