Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Weigh and Check In - January 9, 2015

Hello! How are you? How was the first week of 2015 for you? Mine did not go as planned. Then again, when does life go as planned, right?

Last Saturday hubby and I spent several hours working on cleaning out our weight room/gym. It had become a catch all for a year and wow was it messy! My goal was to clean it out so I can drop my gym membership. We have a weight bench, treadmill, elliptical, and Nordik Track, plus a few smaller things in there. It is a good home gym. Unfortunately, I spent too much time and it bothered my back. I have back issues and it has been hurting me all week.

With my back bothering me and knowing what it means, I have been very hesitant to follow my workout plan. I am afraid of making it worse. So, workouts this week have not happened as scheduled:

1. Monday - Kettlebell Workout {no}
2. Tuesday - 2 mile run {no}
3. Wednesday - Bootcamp Workout {no}; 40 minute stationary bike/upper body weights
4. Thursday - 2 mile run {no}
5. Friday - Stretches

And with all this back pain and nervousness I ate my feelings. I had planned out the week's dinners in advance, which was awesome!

1. Veggie chili - Out to dinner at Arooga's {Potato soup/Half Caesar salad}
2. Cheese quesadilla with salsa
3. Turkey Meatloaf
4. Veggie chili
5. Veggie lasagna

I realized Monday I forgot to get the base mix for the chili, then hubby wanted to go out for new running sneakers. It was easier to eat out at 8:00 p.m. than to come home and eat dinner at 9:30 p.m.

But, in between meals I ate whatever I could find - candy, cookies, chips, crackers, etc. If it was here, I ate it. I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't stop myself. Really disappointed I did that. But, there is nothing I can do about it now. I did it, I own it, I'm putting it behind me.

So, how did the week work out? Believe it or not, I lost 2.6 pounds this week. I'm a bit shocked by this. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not, but I'm gonna take it because it makes me feel good about myself. LOL!

I had a couple other goals this week - laundry, clean off the photos/documents from my old laptop and put on the external hard drive, download my Eastern State Penitentiary photos, start editing the ESP photos. Haven't done a single one. Blaming it on my back. I have been so low about it that I haven't done anything but putz around.

I need to get over this. I may be in a bit of pain, but there are things I can do. I've got to do them. I can still do something today and I have until next Wednesday before I'm back at work. I can get some of this done before then.

Goal: 50 pounds
Weight Loss/Gain: -2.6 pounds
Total: -2.6 pounds
To Go: 47.4 pounds

 How did the first week of January 2015 go for you? Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with it? Are you taking steps to correct any missteps? 


No comments:

Post a Comment