Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Day 2016

Hello! Happy New Year! I hope you met your goals and made all sorts of happy memories in 2015!

I am not going to sugar coat anything. I didn't post for long stretches in 2015. Mentally, I just wasn't in it. I ran three half marathons and a 10 miler in the spring, something I had never done. After the first two half marathons I qualified for the group Half Fanatics. All of which I am proud of.


In July I left the Archives, which I loved, to take a job with the Foundation that supports the historical organization. While I did this of my own free will for very valid reasons {full-time work/better pay/more mentally stimulating} I admit to missing the Archives. The positive is I only work one building over and I go through the Archives every day, so I still see my friends. But it has been an adjustment.

I helped plan my friends wedding in August and had the honor of photographing both the wedding and reception. It was a wonderful experience and I'm so happy that after 20+ years together they finally were able to marry.

I ran a fourth half marathon as part of a marathon relay team. It was a bad day for me. I had the second half of the race and by mile 8 I was done. I felt like crap that day due to mother nature {which had never happened before} and unfortunately I finished after the timing mat was removed. They were kind enough to wait with the finish arch and still give me the finishers medal and blanket. {That blanket rocks by the way.}

But, it's now 2016 and I want to get back to writing here again. So, I'm here. Over the next week I'm going to share what I want to accomplish this year. I'm again going to focus on a word. Which word? Come back soon to find out! ;-)

Thank you for reading this. Stop back soon for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment