Sunday, May 1, 2011

Preakness 5k


Late last week, I received an email about a race in Maryland.  Hubby and I do enough runs in Maryland that we get emails from Charm City Run (the major running store in MD), as well as Corrigan Sports (after running the Baltimore Running Festival) and I read about the Preakness 5k coming up in May.  I hit the link to see what it was all about and saw that fun logo and was intrigued.  After reading about it and seeing the course, I thought it might be a cool race to run.  See, it's held at Pimlico Race Track...where the Preakness is run (the second leg of the Triple Crown).  Did I mention you get to run ON the race track?  Yea, that's kinda what sold it for me.  LOL!  

See, I was chatting with hubby yesterday about races.  I like races that are different or fun.  I'm not one for the ultras and ironmans.  I want something I'm going to enjoy or can have fun doing.  I ran my first 5k because it was an all women's race and to this day, it is one of my favorite races.  We ran the 1st (and now 2nd) annual Fort McHenry Tunnel Run because, well, you run through a tunnel on I-95.  How often can you say that?  I love the St. Patrick's Day race we do in Baltimore because there are so many people just out to have a good time.  

You see, I'm not a fast runner and I have no illusions I'm a fast runner.  I'm not.  I go out and just run for the fun of it.  So, to me, fun races, different races are important.  I want the course to be unusual or in a cool place.  I need that to get going.

If you're in the Maryland area and are free on May 14th, come on out and join us at the Preakness 5k.  I think it's going to be lots of fun!

4 comments:

  1. This is a race you probably don't want to get hurt at, or else off to the glue factory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I won't be anywhere near Maryland. I will be at a Cinco de Mayo party (yeah - super late) eating a big ole piece of Tres Leches Cake in your honor! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres Leches Cake? Nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete