Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Ah, it is the begining of Lent again. The time for Lenten resolutions that I am so more apt to follow than New Year's resolutions. Maybe it's the whole going to hell if you break them. LOL! You'd think I was a good practicing Catholic from that comment, wouldn't you? ;-)

So, for the second year in a row, I am fasting. It was HARD last year. Really, really hard. I had never done it before and decided to try something new. Get out of my comfort zone. So, since I did it last year, I basically felt like I couldn't take a step BACK, you know? So, this year I fasted and got hubby to as well. heehee. It's been a rough day, as I am very hungry at the moment. I am waiting on a cup of chai tea with milk right now. It's thicker than regular tea and warm. Ahhhh, warmth.

So, other Lenten resolutions:

1. No meat. I am a pescetarian for Lent (meaning, no meat except fish).
2. No sweets. No cookies, cakes, pies, cookies, brownies, pudding, jello, etc. This does not include fruit or my sweet 'n low for my coffee/tea.
3. I will follow up WW plan to the letter. Exact number of points Sunday through Friday, with a splurge day on Saturday (which I still cannot have meat or sweets).

I had thought about doing other resolutions as well, but I couldn't decide on any. So, tomorow starts day 1 of Lenten promises. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment