Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time to Face the Music (or Scale)

It is Saturday and we all know what that means. Weigh-in day. Fun. That Saturday morning class that kept me from going is over (except the major pain in the butt assignment) and I can get back to my normal schedule. Phew!

So, headed over to weigh-in at 9:00 a.m. They have a meeting at 9:30 a.m., but I never stay. I'm not a big group meeting kinda person. I go, weigh-in, get my stuff, and leave. I don't think they like that, but it works for me, so whatever. So, I get to WW this morning and am down 2.4 pounds. Not bad. I was hoping for 3-4 since it was 2 weeks since I was last there, but 2.4 is nothing to sneeze at. So, I got my stuff updated, got a new book, and headed off to the park to run.

Now, let me preface this with the weather today is FANTASTIC! Seriously. It was about 70 degrees at 10:30 a.m. In March. Amazing. Anyway, we get to the park, warm up and off we go. My goal was to run 1.5 miles, which is .25 miles more than my last run. Now my last run was the last Sat. in January. So, not only have I not run in 4 weeks, but I want to ADD to my running distance. Crazy. But I did it. I got to the marker on the trail I wanted to without resting. Woohoo! Then I decided after a few minutes rest that I could run some more. So, I ended up running the additional .5 miles to make it a 2 mile day. I took two more breaks, but I still ran it. I am proud of myself. I have never run that far before in my life! And to make it even better? I passed people as I ran. LOL!

So, the goals for this week? Stay on track to loose another 2 pounds by next Saturday. That would give me a total weight loss of 12.6 pounds. Well on my way and finally getting me into the next 10 pound range and a change in points. Which is going to be tough, but it will get me to my goal. And my second goal is to run the same 2 miles, but with less stops. This week I had three, but one really was the stop when I thought I was done running for the day. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment