Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Sad Day

Yesterday was one of the saddest days I have lived through in a long time. Beloved Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas passed away at the age of 73. It's such a shock to loose someone so important and ironically, someone I've never met. I spent most of my evening watching coverage of his loss and crying. It's like I lost a member of my family. I am truly amazed at how deeply I am taking this. A read a comment today about his passing that struck home - it was like a blow to the stomache. Yea. I agree. It is like a blow to the stomache. It hits that deep.

With that being said, I allowed my emotions to carry me last evening. I ate a ton of crap. I think I stayed within my points, but those points sure weren't nutrious in any way, shape, or form. They involved chocolate Easter bunnies, SF shortbread cookies, jelly beans, and buttered popcorn. Today, I just don't feel like eating anything. I did purchase a bag of cheap-o jelly beans on sale and had some, then stopped eating. Tonight's dinner is comfort food, cheese sandwich. Not grilled cheese, just a cheese sandwich.

And I think I made myself sick. I cannot get my nose to stop running. I woke up with a sore throat that has just about disappeared, but my nose will not stop running. So, apparently Harry's passing is making me physically ill, as well as emotionally spent. What a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment