Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ugh

This week has not been going the way I wanted it to. I had every intention of the following:

Sunday - 3 laps at Shelley (3ish miles)
Monday - 30 minutes on treadmill
Tuesday - 3 laps at Shelley (3ish miles)
Wednesday - 30 minutes on treadmill
Thursday - 2 laps at Shelley (2ish miles)

Instead, my week has consisted of the following:

Sunday - 3 laps at Shelley (3ish miles)
Monday - 20 minutes on treadmill
Tuesday - 1.5 laps at Shelley (1.70 miles)
Wednesday - 17 minutes on treadmill

This is worrying me as I have the 5k on Sunday. I am having a hard time sticking with my running this week. Is it because I'm freaking out over my 5k? Have I burned myself out running? Am I letting my frustration on not loosing weight the way I want stop me from working out the way I should? I don't know. It's frustrating because now I'm nervous I can't hack the 5k Sunday. I really want to run the whole thing, not stop to walk any of it.

I decided to skip my run tomorrow. I'm going to take the pressure of myself. I will run on Friday after lunch. I'm having lunch with a friend, so when I get home I'll go to the park and just go for a leisurely run and see what happens. Hopefully a good run on Friday will put me in a better frame of mind. Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment