Thursday, July 9, 2009

Exercise

has been hard to come by lately. I did the 5k on June 28th and then just kinda stopped. I gave myself until July 1 off from running, but that didn't mean I gave myself off from other things. It was a snowball effect, I stopped running and I stopped doing other activities as well. I have lots to choose from - by design. I get bored easily and having a variety of options available makes it easier for me to do SOMETHING. I have a Wii, so I can do Wii Fit or Wii Active. I have a small bike that only has the pedals that I use. It's great to just sit on the couch, watching the Phils, and use the bike. We have a treadmill that I could run OR walk on. And then there's the park. I could go to the park 2 minutes from the house and run OR walk the trail. So, you would think I could do any number of activities other than running. Well, I didn't.

Until yesterday. Well, truthfully, I used my bike on Monday for 30 minutes as my first forray into exercise, but that was kinda weak. Yesterday, I did a combo workout. I did 20 minutes on the Wii Active (it's set list of activities and the machine sets the amount of time per workout), 30 minutes on the Wii Fit (20 minutes of step aerobics and 10 minutes of balance exercise), and 20 minutes on my little bike. I like being able to do multiple activities for small amounts of time. It gives me a variety of activities and I can work out longer than if I do one activity for an hour. It's kinda nice.

I think I'm back in the game. I plan on getting a short run in. If it's nice out, I'll go to the park this afternoon, if not, I'll use the treadmill. Aiming for really just a mile. It's been awhile. I can easily work back up to more, but a mile the first time out is good. I'll also do the Wii Active today. It's a good workout. I have one more day on my 30-day challenge, then I can either start a new one or I can program my own. :-) I think I also want to check out what programs are on the cable. Sometimes they have fun ones and I could add in something different, which is good.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Who knows if I lost this week. My scale is screwy lately. I'd love to hit the 25 pound mark this week, but I probably won't. The aim is before July 23rd. I can do that. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment