Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh heavens...the weekend



Wow! What a weekend! Hubby and I headed up to NYC with two of our friends from college for the day. One of them lives just outside the city, so we stayed with him for the night and spent an exhausting, fabulous day together touring a large chunk of NYC. We walked a LOT! I meant to bring my pedometer to see how far, but forgot it, but trust me, we walked a TON! We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, all around Wall Street, the East Village, and downtown. Had a BLAST!

The food wasn't too bad either actually. We had a slice of pizza before heading into the city - one plain slice. Then we grabbed dinner at an Irish place in the East Village where I had a veggie burger and fries. At the end of the day, I had a 100 calorie pack of carrot cake. So, food-wise I did fine. I was a little surprised at how well I ate.

Alcohol is another story! LOL! I had two delicious beers at the Irish place. It was a Wheat beer. Yum! Then off to Burp Castle, which serves Belgium beer and had a yummy raspberry beer there. I forget the name, my friend ordered them. Then at the comedy club two more beers - Bud Light. Totally recommend AGAINST it. Blech! But the selection was limited and it was a two drink minimum. After we got home, I had two more. So, the food consumption was fine, the alcohol consumption killed me!

So, the decision for the week is high vegetable meals. Salads at lunch and lots of veggies for dinner. I'm not weighing in this week because the only weigh-in on Wednesday is the same time I have to take my adorable fluffy Pooka to the kennel for boarding while away. And after this weekend, I think I don't want to know! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. YOU had a plain slice. I had delicious and nutritious lasagna pizza. And to think that's only the 6th best pizza place in our friend's town (according to him).

    ReplyDelete