Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Off we go!

After Sunday, Monday needed to be good. I had to eat well and exercise. I need to lose 1 pound this week, I would be thrilled if it's more, but I'll be thrilled with one.

I did well on food and on my goals for the week. I had a much larger breakfast than usual - cereal with milk and a banana. Which is HUGE for me. I usually only have a bowl of dry cereal for breakfast, so having the milk and fruit is shocking. I also had a cup of apple tea, but that doesn't do much for ya. ;-) Lunch was really good. I took a flat out wrap, spread a lite herb and garlic cheese spread on the wrap, then loaded it with carrots, red and green peppers. Toasted it and oh was it good! I also had a bowl of Progressive Vegetable Soup for no points and finished it all off with a serving of dried cherries. Dinner turned out to be a chili mix we bought over the weekend. Made it as it called for in the directions, and was good, but I know next time we'll add veggies and some additional seasonings. Also made myself some garlic bread with the deli flats from Pepperidge Farms. Unfortunately, I had more points at the end of the day than I wanted. I ended the day with a serving of applesauce and a serving of Krunchers chips. I didn't want to have the chips at the end of the day, but I had too many points left over NOT to have something. Even with that, I had 3 points left.

Exercise did not go as well. It didn't go at all actually. I should have done the Wii, but I didn't. I could have jumped on the treadmill for a quick 30 minute run, but I didn't. Ah well. I ate well and that's something. I'm not going to beat myself up over not exercising. I beat myself up enough over things and I need to stop. I need to recognize I am doing the best I can and move forward. And if I didn't do the best I can, then I need to pick it up, learn from my mistake, and not do it again. Because as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment