Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh so close...

One day til the weekend. Thursdays are wonderful things. I kinda compare them to Junior year in HS/college. Just one more day/year until the day/year you've been waiting FOREVER for. :-) Hubby doesn't think my analogy is valid. Eh. Whatever.

Spent my day working on my M.A. thesis. And I remembered that I have a hard time concentrating on writing and not eating. I was fine at breakfast, had a bowl of blueberry cereal. My go-to breakfast. At 11:00 a.m., I started drinking water (a whole hour earlier than usual) and my thesis. Lunch was simple. I had my apple with cheese toasted and two slices of toast with peanut butter. I forgot how good toast with peanut butter is. How can you forget something like that? But, I digress...I struggled this afternoon with snacks. Had WAY too many. I finally got myself under control about 3:00 p.m. and did well until dinner. We had NO idea what to do for dinner tonight, so we did Special K low-fat waffles. LOL! And then I had a fun dessert - sugar-free angel food cake with lite vanilla ice cream, Readi-Whip, and a handful of chocolate chips. Yum! And surprisingly filling. Who knew? I could use a salty snack though...

Today is running day and it didn't go so well. I didn't feel like going to the park today, so I jumped on the treadmill. I was NOT feeling it today. Nope, nada, nothing. I got through 25 minutes, which is 15 minutes less than Tuesday. This made me sad, but I just could not eak out another minute. After I came back to the living room, I felt so bad about this, that I grabbed my little exercise bike and did 20 minutes on that. I know it wasn't running, but it at least it was something. Then did a tad bit of weights, which I haven't done in ages. Well...Monday.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Keep your fingers crossed I have a loss. I am getting discouraged right now and could use one.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't every day like a weekend for you? LOL! I'm just jealous!

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you today and sending you the diet angels!

    Way to go on doing exercise. I'm still not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In once sense, yup, everyday is the weekend. The problem is it's not for the hubby. I need to get out more during the day for me.

    Tomorrow is a 5 mile run. Eek!

    ReplyDelete