Saturday, September 26, 2009

Woohoo Run!

Saturday mornings, unless occupied, are running mornings. This morning I had no desire to get up. It's kinda gloomy out, the bed was warm, I had a kitten. Yea, I didn't want to get out of bed. But, I dragged my lazy butt up and got out of bed. Put on my running gear and with hubby, headed off to the park for a run. I had a feeling it was going to be a bad one. I didn't feel great this morning, so I wasn't sure how long I would last before it caught up to me and I had to stop.

Hit the trail and felt really good. Well, as good as I'm going to feel because honestly, I wasn't feeling a run this morning. Hit the first 1/4 mile marker and was thrilled when the watch said 2:41, that ties my best 1/4 mile time. I was kinda shocked. Kept trucking along and hit the 1/2 mile marker and checked the watch again, this time 5:51 - THE BEST HALF MILE TIME EVER! I was getting excited. I had a shot at have a one mile PR. With that in mind, I kept running. I checked the 3/4 mile marker and I was 8:53, well below my normal 9 minute and some time. This could happen. I booked and pushed myself to the one mile marker. And it freaking paid off! I hit the one mile marker at 11:50!!! My personal best! So excited and happy about that! I had a small goal of getting below 12 minutes before going on vacation and I did it!

And that was just the beginning of a good run. My 2 mile time was the best I've had at the park at 28:22. My three mile time was the best at the park at 45:01 (stupid one second). I had what I thought was a decent 4 mile time at 1:02:something. LOL! I was so thrilled to see 1:02 that I kinda forgot to look further. I had high hopes of hitting 1:15:00 and chopping 2 minutes and 20 seconds off my previous 5 mile run. So, thinking I stood a shot, I booked it! I didn't look at the first mile marker and just concentrated on running hard. When I hit the last marker telling me I'd run 5 miles I stopped my watch and just breathed. I knew I did good. I headed back to meet the hubby and checked my watch - 1:12:11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Five minutes and 10 seconds better than my last 5 miles! What a run today! I know every run can't be like this, and I'm ok with that. I'm just happy today was THAT day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment