Monday, November 2, 2009

November 1 - First Day of Boot Camp

The first day is always the hardest. I am gung-ho about this, but that doesn't mean that making myself abide by my self-inflicted rules wouldn't be hard. And I have to follow the rules as closely as I can, since I know people are following along. LOL!

The worst part of the first day was the desire to eat after 9:00 p.m. I really wanted a snack about 11:00 p.m., but I knew I couldn't have it. Sucked. Ah well. As time goes on, I will get used to it and be ok. It's just that first night...

Alright, a round-up of how yesterday went:

Exercise: Got in 30 minutes. I had done a 30 minute Wii Active work out on Sat. that KILLED my legs. They were so sore that getting up and sitting down hurt. So, I used my mini bike while watching tv last night. My legs were sore as I did it, but I vowed to get in 30 minutes and I did.

Water: I got in two full glasses of plain water and two glasses of decaf tea. Debating to call this a success. It used to be that water had to be plain water to count, now WW is saying decaf tea/coffee counts too. For now, I'm counting water a success because I was cold and the tea helped warm me up.

Sweets: None

Points: Missed daily points by 1 point yesterday. I need 22 a day and got only 21. I planned on having a snack about 8:30 p.m. (carrots and humus), but before I knew it, it was 8:55 p.m. and had to decide between two boot camp rules - get all my points in or no eating after 9:00 p.m. I grabbed the bag of carrots and humus and ate that for 4 minutes. I didn't quite get in all my points, but I got close and didn't eat after 9:00 p.m. This is a valuable lesson. Watch the clock!

9:00 p.m.: Well...see above. LOL! I didn't eat after 9:00 p.m. and that really was hard. I wanted a snack later on and technically I had the points for it, but I chose to stick to the plan and didn't eat anything. It was tough. Hopefully this gets easier as the weeks go by.

Breakfast: I did well at eating 5 points for breakfast actually. I had a bowl of Special K Blueberry cereal with soy milk, a serving of dried blueberries and a cup of tea. It wasn't much more than I normally eat, but it did boost my points value from my normal 2 points to 5 points. I need to get a little creative with breakfast though, so that's something to think about as the weeks go by.

3 Fruits: Sadly, I was one fruit shy of the goal today. I was going to have a banana for dessert after dinner as I found a great recipe for a baked banana but our bananas aren't ripe enough for that. I did have the dried blueberries (as mentioned above) and a serving of grapes. That's a good start and I know to focus on the fruits more.

2 Vegetables: I barely made this one! I made a yummy English muffin sandwhich with reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and veggies for lunch, though not a full serving of vegetables were on the sandwhich. Dinner was chili from a pouch that I added a can of diced tomatoes, and a cup each of onions, carrots, red peppers, and green peppers. That was yummy! Then I had the carrots and humus for my snack at 8:55 p.m. So, I got in my vegetables...barely!

So, not a bad day one. Got in just about everything. Need to work on eating earlier in the day and getting in the water. The water will be a challenge as I only like it ice cold and with the weather turning cold, I don't like drinking ice cold beverages as it makes me cold. LOL! But, this is boot camp and it's not supposed to be easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment