Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 2 - 2nd Day of Boot Camp

So, as I typed out today's ingeniously clever headline, I felt like I it should read, "the second day of deer camp" after the song. LOL! I don't know why, but it kinda made me laugh.

Alrighty, yesterday went really well. I am pretty proud of my Monday, as it went much better than my Sunday. I had a slightly weak moment as I was making dinner, but I made it through. So, here's Monday's stats:

Exercise: Got in 30 minutes. I used the bike again, as my legs were a tad sore still from Sat.'s Wii Active workout. I also did 7 minutes of arm weights with my dumb bells. I don't have a set routine, so I just do some stuff until they hurt. I ran once in the house for my water cup and realized it was a smart idea not to go for a run, since the back of my right thigh was in pain.

Water: Got my water in. Had 48 oz of straight water, then a big cup of decaf tea last night. It was a good day for water.

Sweets: None

Points: Well, Sunday I was under by one point, today I was over by one point. Ugh. I was really needing something as I was making dinner last night, but I didn't want veggies (which are 0 points), so I grabbed a WW cheese stick. I was proud of myself for remembering we had those. What I'm not proud of was I didn't write it down. So, after dinner I thought I had 3 points left and had a banana with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter totally forgetting the cheese stick before dinner. Lovely. So, between the two days it evened out, but neither day has been perfect yet.

9:00 p.m.: Did much better. Had my last snack of the night at 8:30 p.m. - banana and 1/2 tablespoon of reduced-fat peanut butter. It was good! And I finished WAY before the 9:00 p.m. deadline. I was very conscious last night to watch the clock and not be caught rushing before 9:00 p.m. to finish off the last of my points.

Breakfast: Had a good breakfast, basically the same as Sunday - Special K cereal with soy milk, dried blueberries, and coffee with soy milk. Got in my dairy AND kept the 5 points at lunch going. Woohoo!

3 Fruits: Got in all three fruits! I had dried blueberries at breakfast, a serving of grapes at lunch, and a banana as my dessert. I got them all in and enjoyed them. Phew! Glad to see it's possible.

2 Vegetables: Vegetables were easy today. Had a HUGE burrito-style lunch with shredded turkey and vegetables that was very good. I heat the veggies and turkey in the skillet, added light peppercorn spread cheese to light Italian flat-outs and put the whole thing in the toaster oven. Delicious! For dinner we had a big salad with garlic-butter tilapia (thanks Gordon's!) and a baked potato with salsa. Got all the veggies in today AND had a fabulous dinner.

Day 2 went well. I'm proud of how it went and that other than the slight mishap with the cheese stick, I was pretty much on target. This is working. I am focusing on healthy eating habits and the longer this goes on, the better chance this becomes a habit. It can work.

2 comments:

  1. 2 days down - 28 more to go. You can do it! I'm here as your personal cheering section! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks! I sure can use one. Especially as the month goes on. Thanksgiving is going to be rough. Already thinking about that. Fun.

    ReplyDelete