Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 3 - 3rd Day of Boot Camp

Maybe I should get more creative with blog entry titles. I've noticed they've been somewhat the same lately. Maybe at the end of Boot Camp Week 1 I'll get more creative...maybe.

Day three went well. I had a slight forgetful situation happen at about 11:00 p.m. last night, but I'll get into that in just a minute. I did notice I was hungry when I went to bed. I wasn't last night. Hmmm....maybe my snacks weren't as filling as the night before? Who knows? It's hard to tell what the body needs all the time. If I did, then I wouldn't need boot camp, would I? LOL! Alright, onto the deets:

Exercise: Well, here's where I almost forgot. I had planned on running, but I had a rough afternoon at school. I thought I'd be there for about an hour, ended up being there for almost 3 and by the time I got home, I didn't feel like running. So, I said I'll use the bike again, no big deal. Well, we had dinner, and watched some tv, and I kinda did some research for my thesis and before you know it, it's 11:00 p.m. and no exercise. Shoot! Now, I could have bagged it and said I can't be perfect every day, but I decided week 1 was not the time to slack. So, I grabbed the bike and used that for 30 minutes, finishing up at 11:30 p.m. That is WAY later than I would ever normally exercise, but I am on day 3 of boot camp and I needed to follow through.

Water: Missed it by 1/4 of a cup. I had my water next to me and forgot to take the last swig before going to bed. Grrr...

Sweets: None

Points: Ugh. I did it again. Over. By 2 points. This is why you must right things down. I forgot to write down my grapes after lunch and then ended up thinking I needed two more points at the end of the day. Ugh. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN WHEN YOU EAT IT. How hard is that to do? Really.

9:00 p.m.: Nailed this. No problems whatsoever. This one seems to be getting easier.

Breakfast: Varied breakfast up a bit today. Had an English muffin with ICBINB spray and jelly, as well as a toasted apple with reduced-fat Cheddar cheese melted on top. I also had soy milk in my coffee, so breakfast ended up being 7 points rather than 5, but that's ok. Other than the grape debacle, I would have been fine.

3 Fruits: Managed all three fruits today - apple at breakfast, grapes at lunch, and a banana for dessert after dinner. Yup. That wasn't hard at all.

2 Vegetables: Had a slight hiccup in the veggies today. Dinner was to be spaghetti squash with veggies, but we decided to go Ellio's pizza instead. Well, that threw off my having veggies for dinner and had to eat a serving of carrots just to make sure I got my two servings in today. I had a serving of veggies in the soup at lunch, so I did get them in. Just need to be careful when we change dinner plans at the last minute that it includes vegetables.

So, other than the slight water misshap and not writing down my points and over eating by 2, I did well for Tuesday. So, what that teaches me is I have to be more conscious of writing down what I eat (as Monday my downfall was the cheese stick and yesterday was the grapes) and I have to drink my water earlier in the day so I am getting it in without drinking a huge glass right before bed.

While I have yet to be perfect, this accountablity is helping me see where I am slipping up. Hoping that by concentrating on the basics, I can get a solid foundation that will carry me through to my goal weight. Hoping Friday's weigh-in shows a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment