Tuesday, January 19, 2010

General Update

Diet

Yea, Sunday didn't go as I planned.  We ended up eating pizza and breadsticks after sitting on our butts all day.  Saturday night's party knocked us on our butts! LOL!  Monday wasn't too bad.  Ate a piece of Island Rum Cake for dessert, but other than that, I was ok. 

Exercise

I totally bailed on Sunday.  It was a Wii Fit day and I just couldn't get motivated.  Ugh.  I don't know what's up with me this week.  I did use the Wii Active Monday, so that's at least something.  I have my run (which looks to be on the treadmill today) and the Wii Active workout still to look forward today.  Fun.  I will make up for Sunday's laziness tomorrow with a workout.  Not sure what right now, but something.

Employment

I applied Sunday night for a temporary part-time fundraising position.  Yea.  Right.  There is nothing out there that I am either qualified for or want to do...and I really don't want to go back to fundraising, but I do have the qualifications for it, so I check it out.  Ugh.

In more positive news, I have been doing more research into starting my own photography business.  I read Running A 21st-Century Small Business yesterday and got lots of good stuff from it.  I searched out some blogs and found a fantastic one with lots of great information and resources.  I am actually going to email and thank her for her blog.  It just really helped me feel more confident in my decision to do this.  Recently, I've had people question my decision to do this and her blog really put my mind to ease as she gave the same answer I did as to why I should start this up.  So good to have validation.

So, that's where things are today.  I have a feeling Friday will show a gain from this past weekend.  I have to get better at eating on the weekends.  The previous weekend I tracked each day and even though I went over, I had the flex points all figured out and I lost 2.8 pounds.  This weekend, no tracking.  I am sure there will be a gain.  Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have a no gain week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up. I gained on my home scale, so I decided to stay home. And honestly, I'm glad I did cause my tummy has been off today. Will go next week...with a LOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - I'll give you today as a freebie since your tummy has been off. Next week, though, no punking out - no matter what the scale says! That scale = accountability nad lord knows that is the only thing keeping my ass from getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I know! I don't what the heck happened this week. Seriously. I exercised, I just couldn't get the food under control. I PROMISE to do better this week! Even with a MeetUp at a brewery tonight, a Sweet 16 party tomorrow, and a baby shower Sunday. Ugh. Let the food wars begin!

    ReplyDelete