Monday, April 19, 2010

3 Miles

It has been quite a while since I went for a run.  I believe it's been several weeks.  The last time I ran, I went out in nice 40 degree temps and ran 5 miles.  There was really no reason for the 5 miles.  I have no idea where they came from.  I was dying during the first two miles, then I just kept going.  Guess Forrest was right.

So, I had slim thoughts about running another 5 miles tonight.  Of course, that's not what I said.  What I said was 2 miles would be good.  I don't like to set myself up for failure.  I'd rather promise low and come through high.

I decided that after work today, I was going to run on Front Street in Harrisburg.  I've been wanting to for awhile now, but just haven't done it.  Since the office I'm in is about 3 minutes from Front Street, I thought it was perfect timing.  So, after work, I changed into my running gear, drove down to Front Street and parked the car.  I walked across the street and headed out on my 3 mile adventure.  It was a nice run, though I will share with you that you should not run in a light jacket on a 65 degree day.  Let's just say you get very warm.  I might have made it a little longer had I not been so warm.  But it was nice to run along the Susquehanna River after work.  And I wasn't the only one.  There were lots of walkers/runners/dog walkers out tonight.  It felt neat being a part of that.  Living in the middle of nowhere, you don't really get that.  I intend on doing this again.  When?  Not sure, but I am pretty sure I'll do this again.  It was a great way to get back to running.

The following photo was taken in the fall, but this is Riverfront Park, along the Susquehanna River

Thanks to tpal3 for the great shot!

1 comment: