Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Volleyball

As I'm sure you are aware, the East Coast is being hit by some nasty, hot weather.  It's been in the high 90s over the weekend and now hitting 100 degrees the last couple of days.  As I remember our weather personalities saying from when I was a kid, it's a scorcher out there!  As I type this, the temperature is 92 degrees and it's only 11:45 a.m.  Craziness!

And with that said, last night I went out and played sand volleyball.  I belong to several MeetUp groups, which are pretty fun generally.  I saw that there's a local one that meets at volleyball courts and plays pick-up games.  So, I signed up to play sand volleyball last night (hubby went along too).  Now, in my defense, I signed up last week, not knowing that Hades was going to be visiting this week.  I had no idea that when we left the house, it would be 98 degrees.  And it was.

I will say, the sand courts at this park are great!  It's like walking on the sand at the Jersey Shore.  And no, please do not talk about the idiot MTV people.  I mean the real Jersey Shore.  It made me miss the beach.  Anyway, the sand was great, which allowed us to play without shoes, which was so fun!  I'm awful at volleyball, but did ok serving.  Not great, but ok.  I didn't fare so well on the court, but I tried. 

We played from about 6:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.  It was hot when we got started, but by the end of the evening, it wasn't too bad.  Maybe it's just because we were so darn hot it didn't matter anymore?  LOL!  I have never enjoyed a shower more than when I got home last night!  Between the sand and the sunblock, it was great to get clean! 

This MeetUp meets here every Tuesday night through the summer.  We may go back.  It was different and fun.  Even if I'm not that good.

Oh!  And I saw when the sunsets at the park.  I plan on going back to get some sunset photos.  I remember running at this park last summer and just wishing I had my camera with me, so I think I'll go back next week with the camera and see if I can get some shots.  Though I'm glad I didn't last night.  The sun set oddly due to the heat. 

1 comment: