Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good First Day

Well, I did it.  Got through Day 1.  Phew!  I have a hard time letting go of the bad habits I've sunk back into, so trying to correct them on Day 1 always is a challenge.  And I did it...sorta.  I wasn't 100% perfect, but I was 95% perfect.  That's not bad.  :-)  I drank all my water, yea!  I exercised for 30 minutes (thanks Wii Fit)!  And I was almost on points.  That's where the 5% came in.  I couldn't handle the end of the day.  I ate too much during the day and didn't have much left for the end of the day.  So, I had a 100 calorie pack of pretzel sticks and 5 Hershey Kisses.  Not great, but much better than I've been.  So, Day 1 is in the books and it was a good one. 

I've also been working hard on my photography business.  Came back from the conference in Las Vegas and am so full of ideas and motivation!  I've learned how to add pages to my photo blog, which I am sooo excited about!  I am open for business in a small way.  If you're interested in a photo session, let me know.  I'm up for it, but real advertising will start at the end of the month.  :-)  I have a deadline now and one I'm working really hard towards.  I think this can work.  Woohoo!

Oh, and I bought new running sneakers.  Which implies I should go out and run again.  I say again because the weather in my neck of the woods has been awful for the last month/month and a half.  I can't stand running in the heat. So, I've kinda backed off.  Well, I needed new running shoes, so I headed over to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought a new pair.  Now I feel like I need to get my butt out there.  Which I do, because the Baltimore Marathon Relay is coming up in 59ish days.  The shortest leg is 5.7 miles, which is .7 miles longer than I've ever run before.  And I'm sure I'll get either the 6.3 mile leg or one of the two 7 mile legs.  Guess I should get my butt in gear, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment