Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Temptations

are rough!  Just two days into getting back to eating healthy and it was my hubby's birthday.  It was not easy trying stay on track, while celebrating.  I know one should be able to celebrate and make up for it later, but I'm not there yet.  Breakfast and lunch were a no brainer and I took a nice 2.75 mile walk with hills, but it was the evening that threw me for a loop.

You see, we have tickets to a minor league baseball team in town.  Usually, I'm pretty good with eating healthy at the ball park.  They have turkey burgers (and pretty darn good ones at that!) and since we are season ticket holders, we get a discount on drinks (non-alcoholic ones).  But, it was birthday day, so we had an adult beverage with dinner.  I had figured we would, so I figured it into the days totals.  Though I was anticipating a lite beer, which isn't what I got since hubby didn't want what was at that stand.  But, I stuck with the turkey burger and pickles for dinner and one beer.  I stole about 10 of hubbies fries, rather than getting my own.  When he went up to get a second beer (which I was slightly jealous of), I had him bring me a diet soda. 

On the way home, we stopped at our local convenience store so he could have cookies.  He loves their chocolate chip ones.  So, rather than watch him eat, I also got a snack.  A pre-packaged carrots and celery bowl with Ranch dressing.  It's yummy and I felt like I had something too.  Would have rather had the cookies...

All in all, not a bad day.  I went over a bit on points, but eh.  It was a special occasion, what are you going to do? 

I'm doing well with keeping up with my to-do list daily.  It's good to have one again.  When one thing slacks, everything slacks.  LOL!  Things are getting done around here.  Finally!  The photo blog is going well.  Check it out when you get the chance.  It's got some great pictures...or at least I think so.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment