Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Excitement

It's been an exciting day around these parts.  I signed up for an on-line photography course, which I have been debating for a few months.  It's offered every so often and I kept blowing it off.  Today, I decided to sign up and try.  If I want to improve what I do, I have to be willing to put my money where my mouth is.  Pretty excited about the possibilities.

I also have been debating sending an email to the local fire company regarding photographing their upcoming fund raiser.  They are putting on the 1st Annual Fire Fighters 5k, which will help them raise money to buy a new fire engine and donate money to the National Fallen Heroes Fund.  Well, I sent an email to the Race Director offering my photography services to them and they accepted!  I will be officially photographing my FIRST event this Saturday morning.  I am SOOOO excited about this.  I'm completely familiar with how 5k races are set up, so I have no qualms about what I should be photographing and where I will need to be.  And since it's a 5 minute drive from the house, it's a win-win in so many ways - the fire company has someone to photograph their first year event and I get professional experience!!  Wow.

The other nice piece of news?  I sent a resume for a part-time job at a local library last week.  Today, I received a call from the HR person stating they received my resume and would I be interested in an interview.  While I have made no qualms about my opinion of going back into fund raising, I realize at this stage, I could use a job.  So, I am going to meet the HR person and the library director on Monday for an interview.  Say a prayer for me that things go well.  I could use it come Monday!

So, it's been a good day.  :-)

1 comment: