Sunday, February 20, 2011

Exactly one week

until the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  In reality, at this point in the day, I'll be done.  I'll have run through Epcot and the Magic Kingdom and will be (hopefully) showered and back at the Magic Kingdom for the day.  After, of course, having crossed the finish line. 

How crazy is that?  I have two runs this week scheduled, each for 5 miles.  Hoping the weather holds out because I've heard rumors of rain/snow tomorrow.  My goal is to run Monday and Wednesday, then rest up for Sunday.  I had a couple good times on my runs when I had 2 to 3 days rest in between, so I'm going to continue with that plan.  Why not? 

And now...to keep myself from freaking out too badly...

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you! I wish I could go back and run the Princess again. Actually, I wish I could go back in time and simply enjoy it instead of being so stressed out and angry about the injury I had at the time, my finish time, pace, etc. ENJOY YOUR RACE! We want a FULL recap of every moment when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I'm excited. A little nervous, but excited worked in there too.

    Trying to decide if I want a tiara or some such. I finally narrowed down my outfit (why do I feel like this is so important? LOL!) - black capri pants (I never run in shorts) and a light blue heat gear t-shirt (the low is 60 on Sunday, I'm used to running in freezing temps. Heat gear will be necessary!). Painting the nails blue. Why not? But, do I do anything girlie? Tiara or flower or some such? That is the question...

    ReplyDelete