In the past year I got back into doing Weight Watchers consistently (on my own), which helped me cut back on what I ate. To be honest, that's my big issue. I need to get more consistent on this front, but it's getting there.
And in the past year, my exercise regime has gotten much better:
- I tried a duathlon. Didn't work out how I hoped, but I stretched my comfort level and tried.
- Ran my second (Philadelphia Half Marathon) and my third (Shamrock Half Marathon) half marathons.
- Joined the YMCA and went consistently (about 3 times a week).
- Hired a trainer.
- Started attending the Cardio Kickboxing classes
- PRed at the Philadelphia Half Marathon, Celtic Solstice 5 Miler, St. Patrick's Day 5k, Shamrock 8k, Shamrock Half Marathon, Hershey 10k, and the Sole of the City 10k.
- Just started attending fencing classes.
While I may not have reached my weight goal last year, I'm happy that I have something to keep aiming for this year. I am confident I can do it this year. It's just another 13 pounds to reach my initial goal weight, then we re-evaluate. Maybe another 10, but maybe not. We shall see. Stay tuned! When I reach that milestone it will be shared!