Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Featured anyBODY

 credit: Photo Brian Stetler

I am excited to share that I have the honor of being the very first featured anyBODY runner on For The Love Of The Run.  A few months ago I saw a post asking for volunteers to share their running stories and I figured why not?  I don't think of myself as the typical runner, I'm not thin, fast, or any other adjective you use to describe a runner.  And I thought if my story could help someone see that running doesn't involve any preconceived notions, what the heck?

So, I posted I'd be willing to share and received a questionnaire to fill out and a request for a photograph to go along with the profile.  Everything was honky dory until the very bottom of that questionnaire.  Then I saw it asked for my weight.  Eep!  You want WHAT?!?!?!  I didn't consider not sharing my story because of it, but I did pause about filling that part out.  Then I figured, eh.  I'm not going to just go around telling people how much I weigh for the fun of it, but if it helps someone see they can run too, then...

Well, yesterday my profile went live!  Woohoo!  I'm very excited by this.  I want to thank Tina over at For The Love Of The Run for letting me share my story.  Hopefully, people who are afraid to run might happen upon it and realize that running isn't just for people who are fit or in shape.  Everyone had to start somewhere.  No one can magically run a marathon on their first try.  It takes training and heart ache and sore feet.  Day 1 may be disappointing, but just getting out there and running will make you feel so much better about yourself.  And that feeling of accomplishment will carry over.  You will carry yourself different, you will begin to have confidence in your decisions, and you will know that you can do ANYTHING.

Go check me out!  Let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear your reaction.  And if you want to share your story too, let Tina know!

1 comment: