Thursday, May 31, 2012

For every positive, there is some negative

It's that time again, changing out the winter clothes for the summer ones.  It's been in the 80s around here lately, so I have a feeling it's not going to go back to the cooler temps anytime soon.  Ugh.

Going through the clothes means checking to see what fits.  Most years it had been to see what I outgrew.  This year it's to see what isn't too big.  And that's what I've been working on today as I switch out my winter for summer clothes.

On one hand, it's awesome!  How great is it to realize every piece of clothing I own will either fit or be too big?  What I didn't reckon on was losing clothing I actually liked.  I tried on a bunch of skirts and lost a couple that I really liked.  Some were boring, but one specifically had sentimental value.  When I bought the skirt, it was one of the very first size 12 skirts I had ever bought...in 2006.  Then I gained weight and couldn't wear it.  And now?  I've gone past it.  I've lost enough weight and toned enough that the skirt that I have fond memories of no longer fits. 

In the scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal.  I will donate it to charity and someone who is in need will have a needed piece of clothing.  But, with the positives of weight loss, there is also a little negative.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that stink? Having to get rid of clothes you like? I'm in the same boat. I guess the positive is now we get to go shopping for new clothes that we will hopefully like just as much. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete