Sunday, June 3, 2012

Well, this sucks




As you may know, I'm trying to (finally) reach a healthy weight.  It hasn't been going so well lately, but I'm oh so close.  Seriously.  Which I think is messing with me.  I get close to my goals and sabotage myself.  Sucks, but I know I do it.

But, what sucks is this article Once Obese Women Still Face Stigma.  Basically, a study was conducted which found people had negative opinions of women who used to weigh more, compared to people who's weight did not change, whether they were at a healthy weight or overweight. 

Really?  You are going to think negatively about a person who recognizes they are unhealthy and made the effort to eat healthier and exercise?  I was blown away.  How ridiculous is this?  And how awful are we as a society that we think more negatively about people who change their lives rather than staying static?

What do you think?  Personally, I think people who work hard at getting in shape should be role models and we should respect their achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment