Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Preparing for Sparta


Spartan Sprint is (quickly) coming up and I feel woefully unprepared.  Just feeling as if I am so unfit to run this race.  It is scary.

This weekend I took the first step in changing that.  We stopped at Charm City Run (I'll explain why later) and I picked out a pair of trail running shoes.  The salesperson asked me what normal running shoes I use (Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12) and told me that Brooks does a trail shoe.  So, he headed back and grabbed a pair in my size - the Brooks Adrenaline ASR 9.  I tried them on and since my normal running shoes are stability shoes, I figured I might as well go with them.

Here they are.  My shoes for Spartan Sprint.  Hoping they help me make it up those trails and on the obstacles!

Look at that color!

Apparently I can wear these in all types of weather.  I don't see mud though...

 Look at that tread!  Hopefully it keeps me upright on the trail!

 Huh.  Can you tell they are the same line of shoe?  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment