Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ummm...help....



This coming Saturday is the PA Spartan Sprint.  I'm scared.  Seriously.  I'm not in the worst shape I've ever been in, but honestly I could have done more to prepare.  I've heard the race is 5 miles, 2.5 miles uphill, then 2.5 miles back downhill.  We're racing at 3:30 p.m.  Eep!

Then, I just saw this on Facebook

You're going to need the encouragement! The Race Director has been referring to the course as, the "mini-Killington" or "mini-Beast". This race is going to be intense! Hope you've been training!

Ummmm...help?  I believe Killington is the site of the Death Race, which is no-holds-bar race that lasts about 2 days, there are  and only maybe 10% of the people who start the race actually finish.  And a Beast?  That's a

12+ MILES / 25+ OBSTACLES - An obstacle Race from Hell. If you have done any race anywhere in the world: whether a mud run, fun run, olympic run, bike race, death march or any kind of event claiming to be the "toughest race on the planet" you will be happy to know that this is where it ends..THIS IS THE SPARTAN BEAST... Step up and get out of your comfort zone on our +16k beast of an obstacle course race; many will arrive, but few will leave!

What the heck have I done?  Will I be alive come Sunday?  Or even Saturday evening?   A little encouragement would be appreciated...please...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment