Quick update on AC Half Marathon training to date. It started last Monday and I had a fabulous week! I missed on 30 minute run, but other than that I nailed all my workouts. I was happy how things worked out.
This week has not gone so well. I have not felt good most of the week. I woke up with a headache on Saturday morning, which seemed like it might be going into a migraine. I'm not prone to migraines, but once every year or two I get one. This one seemed like it was heading that way. So, I took some aspirin and put a cold wash cloth on my eyes. About 45 minutes later it felt better. Not perfect, but better. But, I was afraid the pounding of running would set it off again and it might not go away. No run on Saturday.
* Sunday, I slept too late. Oops!
* Monday, I did get out to make up for my long run and did those 4 miles from Saturday. Then we hit the gym for the normally scheduled workout (1/2 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour bike, weights).
* Tuesday, I was scheduled for a 30 minute run, but I didn't get in it. I did get in a 50 minute stationary bike ride, my dumbbell workout (arms) and core.
* Wednesday. Oh Wednesday. We woke up to no power. Nothing. I had my gym bag packed and took it with me, but without power we don't have water. I can't shower. I waited all day for the power to come back on by calling the house to see if the answering machine would pick up. No dice. After work, I went home at least to change. As I was putting the key in the door, I heard the phone ring!! POWER! But, at that point I suppose I stressed myself out so badly that I had a headache. Ugh. And it only got worse as the night progressed. I actually went to bed about 10:30 p.m. because it hurt so much. Which means I missed Olympic coverage! That's how bad it hurt.
* Thursday's I work half a day in the afternoon. I woke up this morning sometime around 6:40ish and my stomach hurt. Awful. I was so grateful I didn't have to work in the morning. If I had, I wouldn't have been going in. I went back to sleep, hoping to sleep it off. I got up about 9:45 a.m. and I felt a bit better, but not great. I should be able to make it into work, but it's not great. The stomach issues also mean, I'm not working out today because we have a baseball game tonight, so my plan to run this morning, then hit the gym didn't happen.
So, this week's training pretty much sucks so far. I don't know what happened. Hoping that the end of the week (fencing, long run, weights) goes better. I'm glad this really crazy week is early on in the training because I would be freaking out if it were in late September/early October!
Are you training for an event? How's it going?
Update: Apparently my high hopes of earlier this morning did not pan out. I am still not feeling well and just called out from work. Bah! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day...