Thursday, August 2, 2012


Quick update on AC Half Marathon training to date.  It started last Monday and I had a fabulous week!  I missed on 30 minute run, but other than that I nailed all my workouts.  I was happy how things worked out.

This week has not gone so well.  I have not felt good most of the week.  I woke up with a headache on Saturday morning, which seemed like it might be going into a migraine.  I'm not prone to migraines, but once every year or two I get one.  This one seemed like it was heading that way.  So, I took some aspirin and put a cold wash cloth on my eyes.  About 45 minutes later it felt better.  Not perfect, but better. But, I was afraid the pounding of running would set it off again and it might not go away.  No run on Saturday.

* Sunday, I slept too late.  Oops!

* Monday, I did get out to make up for my long run and did those 4 miles from Saturday.  Then we hit the gym for the normally scheduled workout (1/2 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour bike, weights).

* Tuesday, I was scheduled for a 30 minute run, but I didn't get in it.  I did get in a 50 minute stationary bike ride, my dumbbell workout (arms) and core.

* Wednesday.  Oh Wednesday.  We woke up to no power.  Nothing.  I had my gym bag packed and took it with me, but without power we don't have water.  I can't shower.  I waited all day for the power to come back on by calling the house to see if the answering machine would pick up.  No dice.  After work, I went  home at least to change.  As I was putting the key in the door, I heard the phone ring!!  POWER!  But, at that point I suppose I stressed myself out so badly that I had a headache.  Ugh.  And it only got worse as the night progressed.  I actually went to bed about 10:30 p.m. because it hurt so much.  Which means I missed Olympic coverage!  That's how bad it hurt.

* Thursday's I work half a day in the afternoon.  I woke up this morning sometime around 6:40ish and my stomach hurt.  Awful. I was so grateful I didn't have to work in the morning.  If I had, I wouldn't have been going in.  I went back to sleep, hoping to sleep it off.  I got up about 9:45 a.m. and I felt a bit better, but not great.  I should be able to make it into work, but it's not great.  The stomach issues also mean, I'm not working out today because we have a baseball game tonight, so my plan to run this morning, then hit the gym didn't happen.

So, this week's training pretty much sucks so far.  I don't know what happened.  Hoping that the end of the week (fencing, long run, weights) goes better.  I'm glad this really crazy week is early on in the training because I would be freaking out if it were in late September/early October!

Are you training for an event?  How's it going?

Update: Apparently my high hopes of earlier this morning did not pan out.  I am still not feeling well and just called out from work.  Bah!  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment